|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Senior Staff Therapist/Case Manager
University of Oregon
Counseling & Testing Center
Assist students in identifying and obtaining treatment referrals in the community; track, monitor, and follow up on case management outcomes to ensure continuity of care; work with counseling center staff, university administrators, faculty and staff, students’ families and community mental health providers for disposition planning and management of students with mental health needs; assist in ensuring smooth transition from crisis intervention to case management; coordinate transition to counseling center for students who have been referred by local hospital psychiatric unit or emergency room; maintain and coordinate updating community referral database; assess effectiveness of referral process, maintaining statistics and providing reports related to referral process. Conduct phone and in-person triage and initial assessment, crisis intervention, individual and group counseling/psychotherapy; services are primarily offered within a brief therapy framework. Individual and group supervision of clinical, program and consultation activities for APA doctoral psychology intern, practicum students, graduate externs and/or graduate teaching fellows.
• Masters degree in counseling, couples and family therapy, or social work, or doctorate in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited doctoral program. Applicants with masters degrees must be currently licensed and able to obtain Oregon licensure within six months of hire. Degree requirements must be complete before start date. Applicants with doctorates must be licensed in Oregon within two years of hire.
• Knowledge of mental health issues relevant to college populations.
• Crisis intervention experience and skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated multicultural competence and a commitment to multicultural organizational development.
• Previous experience providing clinical services in a university counseling center.
• Previous experience with case management in an agency or university counseling center setting.
• Familiarity with electronic mental health records.
The University of Oregon is a beautiful 250-acre campus with shady, tree-lined footpaths and beautiful landscaping. Located 110 miles south of Portland, the University of Oregon has an enrollment of 24,000 students. The University is an AAU research institution and a member of the Pac-12 athletic conference.
The Eugene metro area (pop. 215,000) is in a region noted for its dynamic quality of life and progressive cultural environment. Rated as one of the top ten cycling cities in the U.S., Eugene has miles and miles of biking, walking and jogging paths. Known for its cultural events, Eugene is the home of the Hult Center for the Performing Arts. The outdoor Saturday Market features arts and crafts, food booths and music. The UO is an hour’s drive from the Pacific Coast and the Cascade Mountains. All of these activities and more make Eugene, Oregon’s second largest city, a unique and wonderful place to pursue a career.
Required Application Materials
To ensure consideration, applications should be submitted by February 8, 2013. Position will remain open until filled. Applications received after the review date may not be reviewed unless the position is not filled. Selected candidate must successfully complete a criminal records background check and licensing board check. To apply, please send an electronic copy of: 1. Cover letter which addressed your qualifications and interest in our position 2. Current vita which includes dates of employment 3. Names, phone numbers and addresses of three professional references, one of which is a current or most recent supervisor To: Ms. Karen Stokes Executive Assistant University Counseling & Testing Center 1590 East 13th Avenue Eugene, OR 97403 Phone: (541) 346-2702 Fax: (541) 346-2842 firstname.lastname@example.org
February 8, 2013
Send Applications To:
Karen Stokes - Executive Assistant
1590 E. 13th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97403
This listing expires on: