|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Psychologist, Temporary until May 10, 2013
University of Central Missouri
Salary commensurate with experience
This is a temporary position with the possibility of becoming a permanent nine-month position. We are seeking a strong generalist to join a high functioning team of psychologists in a counseling center whose primary mission at this time is providing direct clinical service. Responsibilities include:
- Management of crises and psychiatric emergencies
- Conducting initial assessments and diagnostic interviews
- Brief psychotherapy with individuals and couples
- Clinically oriented consultation services
- Group psychotherapy
- Outreach to students, faculty, staff, and parents on a time-available basis.
• Strong skills as a generalist clinician
• Doctorate in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology
• Missouri licensed psychologist and health service provider certification preferred. Postdoc considered.
• APA accredited doctoral program and internship
• Experience in a college or university counseling center
• Well-developed clinical skills in one or more specialty areas
University of Central Missouri is a growing campus of 12,000 with prospects of increasing enrollment and an expanding residential population. The Counseling Center is fully accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services and resides within the division of Student Experience & Engagement.
Warrensburg is a community of nearly 19,000 that offers the advantages of small town living and access to the Kansas City metropolitan area less than an hour away.
Required Application Materials
Contact Paul Polychronis, Ph.D., ABPP, Director of the Counseling Center. Have cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three references available upon request.
As soon as feasible.
Send Applications To:
Paul Polychronis Ph.D., ABPP, UCM Counseling Center
Warrensburg, MO 64093
This listing expires on: