|Positions in Counseling Centers|
University of Iowa
University Counseling Service
The University Counseling Service at The University of Iowa is accepting applications for a staff psychologist. We are seeking a generalist with strong skills in the areas of clinical services, program and consultation services, and supervision/training. In addition, preference will be given to a candidate who demonstrates skill in and commitment to providing clinical and outreach services to one or more of the following groups: Latino/Latina students, African-American students, and/or other traditionally underserved students. Demonstrated commitment to social justice work is desirable.
• Earned doctorate in counseling, clinical, or school psychology from an APA-accredited program.
• Reasonable and relevant post-degree experience (typically 1-3 years) or satisfactory completion of a pre-doctoral internship.
• Skill and experience in individual and group treatment with a university/college student population; programming and consultation with campus constituencies, and supervision of counseling and psychotherapy.
• Eligibility for licensing as a psychologist in the state of Iowa.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in computer software applications.
• Demonstrated skill in and commitment to providing clinical and outreach services to one or more of the following groups:
• Latino/Latina students,
• African-American students,
• other traditionally underserved students.
• Demonstrated ongoing commitment to social justice and advocacy in a counseling center context.
The University of Iowa, the first public university in the nation to admit men and women on an equal basis, currently has a student population of 31,498. The University offers undergraduate and graduate programs which are specially recognized in the areas of creative arts, medicine, and space science. International students comprise 8.9% of first-year students and 16.2 % identify as minorities. Approximately 89,000 people live in the cities of Iowa City and Coralville.
The University and the University Counseling Service have made a strong commitment to recruiting, retaining, and serving culturally diverse persons.
Required Application Materials
To apply for this position visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/content/ps/ (requisition number 62022). (
Initial screening of applications begins on January 28, 2013.
August 1, 2013
Send Applications To:
SEE ABOVE ’REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS’
This listing expires on: