|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Psychologist, 2 Positions 981478
Florida Atlantic University
$50,000-$70,000 Commensurate with experience
The Counseling and Psychological Services at Florida Atlantic University invites applications for a Psychologist position. In addition to administrative duties, the job also includes: providing individual, couples and group counseling, intake assessment; crisis intervention, campus consultation, outreach programs, clinical supervision; professional training and teaching, scholarly activities (professional presentations, leadership, and research) and performing administrative and committee responsibilities as required. Special consideration will be paid to the generalist that also has skill sets in diversity and GLBTQ issues.
1. Doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology from an APA accredited program.
2. Licensed or license eligible in the state of Florida as a psychologist.
3. Experience working in university counseling center.
4. Experience working collaboratively with other units within a Division of Student Affairs as well as other campus agencies and academic units.
5. Experience in outreach and consultation with culturally diverse populations.
Prioritized Desired Qualifications:
1. Demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice, as well as an understanding of and commitment to diversity issues in the delivery and management of clinical services.
2. Ph.D. in and APA approved counseling or clinical psychology.
3. Licensed in the state of Florida as a psychologist.
4. Ability to handle complex crises and/or clinical situations and to provide related supervision, training, and consultation to staff and faculty on as needed basis.
5. Strong communication, critical thinking and organizational skills.
6. Experience in outreach, consultation, and working with culturally diverse populations.
7. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
8. Experience working with Titanium.
9. Strong program development and evaluation skills required for clinical utilization tracking, clinical services training, and outcome assessment, and quality assurance and utilization review.
At FAUís dedication ceremony in 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson challenged the Universityís pioneers: "It is time now...for a new, adventurous, imaginative, courageous breakthrough for a new revolution in education in America."
With those words, FAU opened its doors as the first public university in southeast Florida and the first in America designed for upper division students only. Since day one, FAU has pushed the bounds of higher education. Less than 50 years later, the University serves 28,000 freshmen, transfers and graduate students on seven campuses and sites.
People from every walk of life find a place at FAU. Students choose from more than 170 degree programs, faculty researchers utilize more than 40 research centers and the community engages hundreds of cultural and educational events every year.
...Itís South Florida. :)
Required Application Materials
Curriculum Vitae and Letter of Interest For information and to apply, visit https://jobs.fau.edu → Search Positions → Position Number 981478 or College/Department and select Counseling Center. Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3058. Florida Atlantic University is an Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access employer.
January 21, 2013
Negotiable: Summer or Fall 2013
Send Applications To:
, FL 33431
This listing expires on: