|Positions in Counseling Centers|
University of Memphis
The Counseling Center at The University of Memphis is pleased to announce a position opening for one staff psychologist. Psychologists at The Counseling Center provide direct clinical service to University of Memphis students, participate in outreach and programming, contribute to clinical training, and serve the department, division, and university through consultation and participation on committees. The primary role of direct clinical service includes individual, relationship, and group counseling; psychoeducational, personality, and vocational testing; clinical assessment and treatment planning, career counseling and, crisis intervention. Contributions to clinical training include clinical supervision of psychology interns and Doctoral level graduate students in training. The University of Memphis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer and affords reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities.
1) Doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology required.
2) Completion of APA-Accredited Internship.
3) Licensed, or eligible for licensure as a Licensed Psychologist/Health Service Provider in the State of Tennessee. Must obtain licensure within one year of employment start date.
4) Demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals in terms of identity and clinical presentation.
5) Well developed skills in therapy, assessment, and written and oral communication.
1) Experience in a college counseling center is strongly preferred.
2) Obtained license as a Psychologist in the state of Tennessee
The University of Memphis is a learner-centered metropolitan research university providing high quality educational experiences while pursuing new knowledge through research, artistic expression, and interdisciplinary and engaged scholarship.
The University of Memphis, as an engaged learning community, celebrates:
• The pursuit of excellence in teaching and research as the highest measures of successful achievement.
• Interdisciplinary collaboration, artistic expression, and research as vehicles for leveraging our resources, solving problems, and multiplying our accomplishments.
• The transfer and dissemination of knowledge with community stakeholders for the intellectual, economic, and social advancement of our community.
• Innovation and creativity in everything we do.
• Respect for diversity and individual worth.
• Integrity and transparency in all our actions.
• Responsible stewardship and conservation of resources.
• Stewardship of wisdom, knowledge, and information created by our predecessors.
• Leadership and involvement in the economic, social, and professional growth of Memphis, the state of Tennessee, and the nation.
The University of Memphis encompasses 1,607 acres and 237 buildings at eight sites. It is comprised of 2,500 employees including 930 full-time faculty.
Required Application Materials
Cover Letter, Resume, List of References Applications must be submitted on-line (https:workforum.memphis.edu)
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: