|Positions in Counseling Centers|
NC State University
$35,027 - $58,379
Purpose of Position: To provide clinical assessment, triage, case management and referral of NC State students.
The NC State Counseling Center is hiring to fill a new, full-time (12 month), permanent position. The Triage Counselor is an integral part of clinical service access to the NC State Counseling Center. A major focus of the job duties would be to partner with existing staff members to connect students to needed services either immediately or by appointment. This position is NEW and is in addition to one Triage Counselor hired earlier this year. The Triage Counselors would work with one another, the TRAC Team (Threat, Risk & Assessment Specialists), the Referral Coordinator, Psychiatrists and other clinicians on staff to provide the most appropriate services for student.
Essential Functions: Triage clients by conducting brief clinical assessments to determine level of care and disposition. Intervene with students in crisis. Provide support, resources, and information to students and campus partners. Professionally respond to triage phone calls in a timely manner. Provide referrals for community service providers as needed. Provide case management to track and follow-up with students for continuity of care. Provide group counseling services and outreach to students. Consult with Center staff, students, campus faculty/staff and parents as needed. Complete administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Assess clients’ needs and screen for risk by telephone and in person.
• Maintain close communication with other Center staff to coordinate timely client services.
• Demonstrate multicultural competence and show commitment to organizational multicultural development.
• Effectively utilize the Center’s electronic medical records/scheduling program (Titanium) and complete adequate notes in a timely fashion.
• Provide statistical information related to clinical services as requested.
• Receive regular supervision from designated supervisor.
• Attend meetings and participate on committees as assigned by supervisor.
• Present a positive image of the Center and perform public relations duties as needed.
• Respond promptly to requests for services, both walk-in and telephone.
• Link clients to the most appropriate service(s) both within and outside the Center.
• Provide crisis intervention services, including hospitalization & on-call as needed.
• Follow up on referrals to both inpatient and outpatient programs.
• Manage complex cases and develop a comprehensive method to follow-up with higher-risk students. Coordinate case management with TRAC (Threat, Risk & Crisis) providers.
• Bring community concerns and issues to supervisor’s attention.
• Be responsive to referral sources and develop positive working relationships.
• Develop resources and materials to provide students with helpful information.
• Assist in running groups and maintain small individual therapy case load as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work; independent license eligible in NC. Experience providing crisis intervention, triage, and care coordination to young adults. Experience working with diverse populations. Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team. Demonstrated strength in clinical assessment (triage) skills. Demonstrated ability to maintain a flexible yet highly organized working style. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to utilize electronic records/scheduling program efficiently.
Experience working in a college/university counseling center. Experience working with serious mental illness. Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively within a large mental health services agency. Previous work with electronic records and scheduling, preferably Titanium. Fully licensed mental health professional preferred.
With more than 34,000 students and nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, North Carolina State University is a comprehensive university known for its leadership in education and research, and globally recognized for its science, technology, engineering and mathematics leadership.
NC State students, faculty and staff are focused. As one of the leading land-grant institutions in the nation, NC State is committed to playing an active and vital role in improving the quality of life for the citizens of North Carolina, the nation and the world.
Home of NC State University, Raleigh blends the fun and excitement of a big city with the hospitality and charm of a small Southern town. North Carolina’s capital city is located in the heart of the state’s Triangle region and minutes from world-renowned Research Triangle Park, the largest research park in the world and home to industry giants like IBM Cisco, GlaxoSmithKline, Lenovo, Nortel Networks, Sony Ericsson and others.
Required Application Materials
Electronic Application found at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/21476 or://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/search and search for Position #00103258 Letter of Interest and Vita, and Contact information for References.
Review of Applications will begin on April 10, 2013. For full consideration all application materials need to be submitted by that point. Applications submitted after that deadline may be considered to broaden the applicant pool.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: