|Positions in Counseling Centers|
North Carolina Central University
Commensurate with experience
12 month full time position in the Counseling Center, a unit of Student Health and Counseling, which reports directly to the Director of Counseling and serves as the second most administrative position in the Center.
- Assisting the Director of the Counseling Center in the management of the Center¡¦s clinical services and programs, as well as developing and implementing various projects necessary for the delivery of quality services;
-Providing leadership in the recruitment and the coordination of training of masters level trainees;
- Coordinating all data collection, analysis and reporting, including that for the annual report, related to outreach and developmental programs;
- Managing the outreach budget;
- Providing clinical supervision and training to unlicensed staff members, including conducting weekly case conference meetings;
- Providing clinical supervision and training of assigned master¡¦s level graduate practicum students and interns;
- Providing individual and group counseling and assessment for a variety of personal, social, educational and vocational concerns;
- Developing and presenting psychoeducational workshops and outreach programs on a variety of topics;
- Conducting client assessment of personal and vocational characteristics for the purpose of assisting client decision-making and problem solving;
- Providing crisis intervention and management, including on-call rotation;
- Providing student advocacy;
- Providing consultations to faculty and staff and other personnel inside and outside the University on student issues;
- Participating in professional development experiences on a regular basis;
- Serving on departmental, divisional or University-wide committees and serving on behalf of the Director when unavailable;
- Completing related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of principles of program development, consultation and outreach, including promotion strategies and program evaluation procedures;
- Considerable knowledge of individual and group counseling methods and procedures;
- Knowledge of developmental characteristics of late adolescence and young adulthood and the unique difficulties confronting individuals in these stages of life;
- Personal attributes that facilitate effective interpersonal relations and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide rage of students and student organizations, faculty, staff, administrators and parents;
- Ability to express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form
Doctorate degree in counseling or clinical psychology, mental health counseling or social work, with completion of appropriate course work and training in theories of personality, abnormal psychology, human development and community psychology preferred, master¡¦s degree acceptable
„X At least 3 years of clinical experience working in a college counseling center (including pre-doctoral internship) with some experience with supervision and training of Counseling Center staff.
- At least 1 year of program coordination or management.
- Licensure in the state of North Carolina to practice counseling/psychology or clinical social work
Founded in 1910, North Carolina Central University was the first publicly supported liberal arts college for African-Americans. Today, the university has a diverse population of more than 8,300 students enrolled in first-class academic programs.
Washington Monthly ranks NCCU in the top 40 in the nation for contributions to the public good and a National Jurist Publication ranked our School of Law as one of the top 5 in America in providing clinical opportunities to students.
With both a biomanufacturing and a biomedical research institute, NCCU is emerging as a leader in the study of health disparities.
Required Application Materials
Submit a letter of interest, NC State Application, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of 5 professional references
Open until filled
August 1, 2013
Send Applications To:
Carolyn D. Moore, Ph.D.
1801 Fayetteville St., PO Box 19491
Durham, NC 27707
This listing expires on: