|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Social Worker - LCSW (Req # 091278)
University of Chicago
Student Counseling Service
Depends on qualifications
This is a 3 day per week, 9 month per year benefits eligible position.
Social Worker: The main duties and functions of the University of Chicagoís Student Counseling Service (SCS) include: (1) the diagnosis, assessment, brief treatment, monitoring, and/or referral of registered students at the University of Chicago; (2) development and implementation of programs directed at the promotion of mental health and treatment of mental disorders and dysfunctions; (3) and consultation and liaison services to the faculty and staff of the academic and administrative community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide clinical diagnostic evaluation and assessment of patients, to include risk for or current presence of all medical and psychiatric disorders and dysfunctions, such as depression, suicidal ideation and intent, violence, psychosis, licit and illicit drug use, and other risk-taking behaviors.
2. Provide psychotherapeutic short-term services for individuals, couples and groups.
3. Provide emergency and crisis intervention services to include scheduled daytime and nighttime/weekend on-call coverage. Also includes written documentation of the event and the intervention provided.
4. Document and maintain complete electronic medical records on all students who have contact with the clinic including diagnostic evaluations, treatment/progress notes, telephone conversations, laboratory results, psychiatric test measures, medical consultation notes, referral dispositions, and formal termination summary which becomes part of the permanent electronic medical record.
5. Report on a regular basis and at the specific request of the Directors (Medical, Clinical and Administrative) any and all clinical and administrative activities that are assigned to the individual, usually in the format of statistical reports. Consult with the Director on any pertinent situation of a clinical nature, either current or potential in the University community.
6. Attend all clinical and administrative staff meetings, and present cases and clinical material to clinic colleagues for peer review and consultation.
7. Organize and present material for classes and seminars for staff and trainees of the clinic. Provides consultation for staff and supervision for trainees at the request of the Director. Serve as a resource person about clinical issues at the request of the Director.
8. Provide outreach to students, staff, and faculty.
MSW from an accredited institution required.
Licensed or license-eligible in the State of Illinois for clinical social workers (LCSW) required.
A minimum of three years of related experience required.
Experience with eating disorders preferred.
Experience with diversity and cultural competencies preferred. Experience working in a academically rigorous university counseling center preferred.
The Student Counseling Service is one of the units of Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS), which is part of Campus and Student Life. The SHCS mission is to provide University of Chicago students with excellent, comprehensive, student-centered care and health promotion that includes superior customer service, student education, and open access. Our values include service, respect, excellence, team work, compassion, and confidentiality. Student Counseling is located along the main quadrangle of the University.
Clinical services provided by the SCS include mental health counseling, crisis intervention, academic skills assessment, alcohol/drug abuse intervention, and psychopharmacological treatment. In addition to individual therapy, SCS provides couples, family, and group counseling. Group therapies include dissertation support, eating concerns, menís issues, womenís issues, as well as issues of learning and procrastination. In addition to the provision of multidisciplinary diagnostic and therapeutic services, SCS participates in and provides consultation to university administrative committees and advisory groups.
Required Application Materials
Materials accepted until position filled
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: