|Positions in Counseling Centers|
part-time counselor, NH
Mass. College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Counseling Services, Manchester, NH campus
$17-20,000/year for 12 hours/week, 48 weeks/year
Responsible for individual counseling, managing caseload, crisis intervention, referral to outside treatment providers, prevention services, wellness education, and consultation with faculty/staff on the MCPHS Manchester Campus.
Participates as part of Student Affairs team.
Supervision Received: Works under the clinical and administrative supervision of the Director of Counseling Services, Worcester/Manchester.
Hours: 3 afternoons per week
General duties & responsibilities
1. Provide short-term individual counseling to students.
2. Provide crisis intervention and emergency mental health services to the Manchester campus. May include periodic on-call coverage on weekends and evenings.
3. Refer clients to college resources and/or outside treatment providers when deemed appropriate.
4. Maintain up-to-date clinical notes, monthly statistics and any other necessary clinical forms.
5. Participate in weekly clinical supervision with the Director of Counseling Services.
6. Provide training and support to other staff/faculty as needed.
7. Develop and implement wellness and prevention programming for the campus as assigned.
8. Participate in MCPHS Manchester and Worcester programming/events such as Orientation.
9. Participate in staff development and function as a member of the Student Affairs team.
10. Participate in college committees and college events as requested by the Director of Counseling Services and/or Dean of Students.
11. Other duties as assigned by Director of Counseling Services and/or Dean of Students.
1. Masters Degree in Social Work or Counseling Psychology required.
2. Licensed in State of NH. (NON-NEGOTIABLE!)
3. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as needed.
4. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with members of the college community.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Experience with word processing and Microsoft Outlook required.
6. Willingness and ability to learn new software programs for scheduling and electronic record-keeping required.
1. Experience delivering individual counseling and wellness programming on a college campus strongly preferred.
2. Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
3. Experience with Titanium software
MCPHS-Manchester’s compact and convenient campus is located at 1260 Elm Street in downtown Manchester, New Hampshire. The newly renovated campus has the advantage of easy access for classes, state-of-the-art laboratories and quiet spaces for study. The campus is linked electronically to both the Worcester and Boston campuses.
The Manchester campus serves approximately 450 professional and graduate students in its 3 accelerated programs each year.
Nursing -Postbaccalaureate BSN
Physician Assistant Studies -Postbaccalaureate MPAS
From Wikipedia: Manchester is the largest city in the U.S. state of New Hampshire and the largest city in northern New England, an area comprising the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 109,565, the most of any New England city north of Boston, including other Massachusetts cities.
In 2009 CNNMoney.com rated Manchester 13th in a list of the 100 best cities to live and launch a business in the United States. In addition, Kiplinger voted Manchester the second most tax friendly city in the United States, second only to Anchorage, Alaska. Also in 2009, Forbes magazine ranked the Manchester region first on its list of "America’s 100 Cheapest Places to Live."
Required Application Materials
Resume & Letter of Interest
Open until filled. Beginning screening process immediately.
Send Applications To:
Director of Counseling Services, Worcester/Manchester
19 Foster Street, Suite 411
Worcester, NH 01608
This listing expires on: