|Positions in Counseling Centers|
FlU -- Florida International University
Counseling & Psychological Services
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 46,000 students in two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 140,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Department of Counseling & Psychological Services is currently seeking a Psychologist to join its team of professionals. The successful incumbent will be responsible for evaluating and counseling students regarding a wide range of personal concerns related to their needs, values, attitudes, conflicts and personal/interpersonal problems. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
• Administering and interpreting psychological testing instruments.
• Developing and presenting educational programs, seminars and workshops to students. Facilitates the coordination of outreach events.
• Providing crisis counseling with student who would require immediate intervention. Complies with Baker Act under Florida Statutes.
• Providing consultation to the FIU Community that includes staff, faculty, and students.
• Supervising and training practicum students, pre-doctoral interns, and post-doctoral fellows pertaining to group therapy.
• Serving on University committees, especially those concerning student’s well-being.
• Doctorate in psychology from an accredited college or university, which includes one year of supervised internship experience in professional psychology; or licensure as a psychologist by the State of Florida in accordance with Chapter 490, F.S.
• Doctorate in Psychology/Counseling or Clinical Psychology (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from APA accredited graduate program.
• APA accredited internship.
• Must be licensed in the State of Florida
• Counseling center experience preferred.
• Experience providing supervision and in group psychotherapy.
• Working knowledge of technology.
• Ability to work flexible hours - two to three days a week in the evenings (until 06:30 PM).
For more information or to apply, please visit us at Jobsearch.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID# 504336.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.
Required Application Materials
Send Applications To:
Miami, FL 33199
This listing expires on: