|Positions in Counseling Centers|
St. Edward’s University
Health & Counseling Center
The Health & Counseling Center is seeking a counseling or clinical psychologist to provide counseling and mental health services as well as campus outreach to university students. This position has traditionally included quarter time assignment to provide services in the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) which provides counseling, consultative, and programming activities to help students from migrant worker families’ transition successfully into higher education. The Health & Counseling Center is part of a vibrant and growing university community and is dedicated to supporting the healthy development of the whole student. We seek an enthusiastic and collaborative colleague who is interested in contributing to the growth of the students, the department and the university as a whole.
-Short-term counseling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and groups.
-Initial assessment and treatment planning.
-Crisis intervention including rotating after-hours on-call duty.
-Programming, services, and consultation to the CAMP program.
-Campus outreach programs and workshops.
-Consultation to university departments, staff, and faculty.
-Assistance with training of graduate practicum students.
-Occasional evening and weekend duties.
-Participation in university Strategic Priorities and Student Affairs initiatives.
-Other related duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree/ABD in counseling or clinical psychology, required
- Texas licensure within 24 months required, required
- Experience working with young adult population, required
- Knowledge/training in multicultural issues, required
- Ability to work effectively in a brief, solution-focused psychotherapy approach
- Ability to work collegially in a diverse, multicultural community
- Ability to work congruently within the mission of the university, division and department
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check, required
- APA-accredited internship preferred.
- Current licensure by TSBEP preferred.
- Training or experience working in a university counseling center preferred.
- Cultural sensitivity in working with Latino/Latina population and Spanish proficiency preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with SPSS, outcome assessment, and data analysis preferred.
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward’s University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 5,300 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. It is an exciting time to be part of the St. Edward’s community as the university increases its global engagement to educate students for the opportunities and challenges of a 21st century world. The Health & Counseling Center is an integrated center that provides counseling, health and wellness/outreach services to the student community. The center currently has six psychological staff, five medical staff, a wellness/outreach coordinator, three administrative support staff, several graduate practicum students, and four peer health educators. For additional departmental information, please review http://think.stedwards.edu/healthcounseling/. The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) is a signature university program that supports scholars from migrant farm families. CAMP, the oldest continuing program of its kind in the United States, receives substantial federal grant funding, external contributions, and university support.
Required Application Materials
To apply, submit (1) letter of interest (2) vita (3) SEU application (4) names and phone numbers of three references electronically to: Claudia Carroll, Director, Health & Counseling Center (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions can be directed to the search chair at (512) 448-8538.
Send Applications To:
This listing expires on: