|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Psychologist, #12-092
Occidental College-Los Angeles
Student Affairs, Emmons Health Center
Wage is dependent on qualifications, experience, and divisional equity. Partial benefits include holiday and sick pay.
STAFF PSYCHOLOGIST, #12-092
Student Affairs, Emmons Health Center
Emmons Health Center’s (EHC) Counseling Services actively contributes to the mission of Occidental College through a variety of health and wellness services and programs devoted to prevention, intervention, education, and care. As a member of the EHC staff, the Staff Psychologist collaborates with an energetic and creative multidisciplinary team of licensed professionals including; nurse practitioners, psychologists, a psychiatrist and a physician. Reporting to the Director of Counseling, the Staff Psychologist will provide intake, counseling, psychotherapy and crisis intervention for students of the College.
To minimize risk-exposure, the Staff Psychologist maintains clinical compliance with federal, state, local, college, and professional standards, regulations, procedures, laws and practices. The Staff Psychologist performs his/her counseling-psychologist activities within the limits of the American Psychological Association’s Standards for Providers of Psychological Services, the Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct, as well as applicable legal mandates for mental health professionals within the State of California. In addition, the Staff Psychologist develops and maintains strong working relationships within the college community and with local mental health agencies and professionals in the larger community. The Staff Psychologist is keenly sensitive to issues of gender, culture, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, etc. and is skilled in techniques for counseling students with diverse backgrounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide approximately 14-16 hours a week of clinical care to students of the College including intake assessment; time limited individual, group and conjoint counseling; consultation and referral; and crisis intervention.
• Participate in planning activities, educational programs, and support groups related to health and wellness.
• Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to support the overall wellness of students
• Complete basic administrative responsibilities including documentation of services provided and participation in quality assurance programs
• Provide support to the College in the event of a community disaster or trauma.
~This is a part time, eight month position, subject to annual review and evaluation
• Ph.D., Psy.D., or Ed.D., in Counseling, Educational or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program.
• State licensure with a minimum of five years of direct clinical experience in a mental health capacity in a college/university counseling center (preferred), or a public/private non-profit agency (required).
• Experience in brief therapy, crisis intervention, risk assessment, multi-cultural counseling and outreach/health education.
• Must possess effective interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with and respond to multiple constituencies.
Occidental College is a selective nationally recognized institution of higher education located in Eagle Rock, a Northeast section of Los Angeles, midway between Pasadena and Glendale. We offer a beautiful campus, relaxed cordial work environment and a comprehensive benefits package (to those classified as regular employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week) including generous paid time off programs. We also offer excellent health, dental, life and retirement benefits; along with many other OXY special amenities including use of our swimming pool, weight room and gym facilities, tennis courts, library, credit union and other outstanding resources.
Applications are accepted from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday in the Human Resources department, Room 114, Coons, Administration Building (lower level). We prefer that you apply for jobs electronically, but we also welcome walk-ins. You only need to apply once for each position.
We’re continually searching for qualified individuals to join our diverse & dynamic community. If you are seeking employment, you will need to review the listing below, then simply click on the link under the job title. All jobs listed are currently open.
Occidental College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal Law.
Required Application Materials
Please submit resumes and cover to: firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail only please!
• Position open until filled
Send Applications To:
Los Angeles, CA 90041
This listing expires on: