|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Director of Campus Counseling Services
Southeastern University, a Christ-centered liberal arts university, seeks a qualified and experienced mental health professional to serve as the Director of Campus Counseling Services. This individual reports directly to the Dean of Student Services.
The Director serves the University by providing creative leadership and strategic direction to the Counseling / Consultation Service and those engaged in providing services for its consumers; serves as a consultant to the staff that provides supportive services to students in living situations on and off campus as it regards emotional and behavioral issues;provides direct site supervision of graduate counseling interns to insure adherence to appropriate professional, ethical, legal and accreditation standards for professional counselors in training; works with leaders of programs for incoming students in utilizing services; coordinates referrals to appropriately selected local mental health and human services professionals and agencies; and provides direct counseling and consultation services within the university community.
1. Master’s degree in Counseling or counseling-related field minimal; Doctoral degree in Counselor Education or Psychology preferred.
2. Licensure or licensure eligible in Florida as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional counseling setting; significant prior experience in a college/university setting preferred.
4. Maintenance of professional liability insurance at coverage levels consistent with norms for licensure status
5. Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve large goals
6. Interpersonal and networking skills with large groups and individuals.
7. Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
8. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Doctorate in Counselor Ed / Psychology and university counseling experience preferred.
A Christ-centered liberal arts university in central Florida.
Required Application Materials
Position open until filled
Send Applications To:
1000 Longfellow Blvd.
Lakeland, FL 33801
This listing expires on: