|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Counselor-Multiple Positions Full-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty (Student Services Professional, Academic-Related I, Academic Year)
Cal Poly Pomona University
Counseling and Psychological Services
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position includes a very attractive benefits package.
Counseling and Psychological Services is seeking talented, hard-working individuals, who are passionate about enhancing the psychosocial development and emotional well-being of Cal Poly Pomona students.
CAPS invites applications for multiple Counselor positions (Full-time, probationary tenure-track Faculty, SSP- AR I, Academic Year). These positions require excellence in clinical service delivery including individual, couple, family and/or group counseling, initial screenings/intakes of students seeking services, crisis coverage and emergency intervention (including hospitalization), the facilitation of on-campus and external referrals, treatment planning and clinical case management, and conducting psychological testing. Duties also include indirect clinical services in the form of consultation and outreach services (i.e., psycho-educational programs) to various constituencies on campus (e.g., student organizations, faculty and staff), serving as a resource to university offices in an effort to enhance student life, and providing clinical supervision and training seminars for pre and post-doctoral trainees. Some evening and weekend hours required to meet workload demands and/or departmental responsibilities, and to provide quality services.
• Possession of a doctorate in behavioral sciences, clinical or counseling psychology, or a specifically related academic field; and a valid license to practice as a Psychologist in the state of California; or if licensed in another state, eligible for reciprocity per CA Business and Professions Code Chapter 6.6 Article 3 ˇ± 2946 (see http://www.psychboard.ca.gov/lawsregs/index.shtml).
• Experience in the following: working in a University and/or College Counseling Center; counseling individuals utilizing professional therapy orientations, techniques, and strategies; providing mental health services to couples, families and groups in addition to individuals; providing crisis intervention and working with a broad range of presenting problems; developing and implementing a broad range of outreach services, including consultation/mediation interventions, training modules, workshops, and presentations; supervising, training, and evaluating pre and/or post-doctoral trainees.
• Demonstrated ability to perform brief individual therapy, and psychological assessment, especially as pertains to the developmental needs of a college student population.
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and competence in addressing the needs of diverse clients.
• Knowledge of and experience with mental health models and policies/procedures related to the field of psychology.
In order to meet the service needs of Cal Poly Pomona students one or more of the following preferred qualifications are desired:
• A valid license to practice as a psychologist in the state of California at the time of application.
• Completion of an APA-accredited doctoral program and pre-doctoral internship.
• Specialty in serving the mental health needs of African American College students.
• Extensive experience working with addictive and compulsive disorders.
• Specialty, interest in, and experience working with survivors of trauma (childhood abuse, sexual abuse, and/or domestic violence).
• Experience in treating eating disorders.
• Experience with psychodiagnostic testing, report writing, and supervising trainees in this area.
• Experience working with serious mental illness in an outpatient setting.
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish/English and competency to conduct therapy in Spanish.
Cal Poly Pomona is a comprehensive public university that is widely recognized for its polytechnic mission and learn-by-doing philosophy. One of the 23 campuses of the California State University, it is consistently ranked as one of the best public universities in the West. Cal Poly Pomona currently enrolls 21,000 undergraduate and graduate students (with approximately 65% representing diverse ethnic groups) and employs approximately 1,000 faculty members. The University is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff to better serve its multicultural student body, and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. Cal Poly Pomona is noted for its beautiful and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the Arabian horse ranch of cereal magnate W. K. Kellogg. It is located about 25 miles east of downtown Los Angeles in one of the most dynamic economic and cultural regions in the country. Additional information is available at the universityˇ¦s Web site: www.csupomona.edu.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona sits on 1,438 acres and is located 30 miles from downtown Los Angeles.
Required Application Materials
A complete application will consist of: Cover letter addressing the candidate’s interest and background related to each of the requirements listed above under minimum and preferred qualifications. Detailed curriculum vitae. Completed Employment Form, found at: http://www.csupomona.edu/~jobs/how%20to%20apply.shtml Copy of graduate transcripts (official confirmation of degree required for hire). Three recent letters of reference supporting the candidate’s match with the requirements listed above in the position description and qualifications. Contact information (including name, address, and phone number) for these 3 references so that they can be contacted should the candidate become a finalist.
Review of complete applications will begin June 22, 2012 and will continue until all positions are filled. Early response is encouraged. Completed application packages will be available for examination by any tenured and tenure-track faculty of CAPS.
Send Applications To:
Please submit all application materials by e-mail to: email@example.com Attn: CAPS Faculty Counselor Search Committee c/o Leslie Taylor-Contla
3801 W. Temple Ave, 66-116
Pomona, CA 91768
This listing expires on: