|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Staff Psychologist (2 positions)
West Virginia University (WVU)
WELLWVU Carruth Center for Psychological and Psychiatric Services (CCPPS)
Commensurate with experience
CCPPS is seeking to hire two generalist staff psychologists. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Provides brief counseling and psychotherapy for individuals, groups, and couples with diverse presenting concerns.
• Conducts intake evaluations, assessments, triages, consultation, and crisis intervention services and participates in the staffing of the Center’s walk-in clinic and after-hours crisis phone.
• Provides consultation and outreach to clients and their families, WVU faculty/staff, and the university community.
• Completes required Center documentation on an electronic health record system and quality assurance activities including routine monitoring and management of student treatment compliance (i.e., missed appointments, cancellations, etc.) in accordance with agency policies and state and federal regulations.
• Attends case conference, committees, task forces, and other meetings related to the mission of the Center and WELLWVU.
• Provides clinical supervision to trainees and facilitates didactic seminars on a variety of clinical or professional topics.
• Completed doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., or Psy.D.) from an APA-accredited program.
• Licensed (or license-eligible within eighteen months) Psychologist within the State of West Virginia
• Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to proficiently conduct, document and evaluate individual, couples, and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, and consultation/outreach with a college-aged population.
• Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to provide multiculturally-sensitive services.
• Knowledge, skills, and expertise required to proficiently conduct and evaluate supervision and training.
• Ability to utilize an electronic health record system.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Completed internship from an APA-accredited program.
Because these are both generalist positions, we are particularly interested in hiring individuals who have general experience providing a broad range of clinical services. In additional to generalist skills, we would also be interested in candidates who may have any of the following experience:
• Experience providing clinical supervision
• Experience conducting LD/ADHD assessments
• Experience providing substance abuse treatment
• Experience providing outreach services
• Experience providing services to diverse students (e.g., LGBTQ students, international students, military veterans, students of color)
• Experience providing group therapy
Founded in 1867, WVU is a public research university with more than 29,000 students. WVU offers nearly 200 bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and professional programs within 13 colleges. The Carruth Center for Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CCPPS) is a unit within WELLWVU, which is a division of Student Affairs. WELLWVU includes CCPPS, Student Health, and Wellness and Health Promotion. Working collaboratively, WELLWVU provides integrated healthcare to WVU students. CCPPS is a multidisciplinary agency where psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, and a psychiatric nurse work cooperatively to provide students with the highest level of care.
Morgantown, W.Va., population 28,654, recently rated “No. 1 Small City in America” by BizJournals.com for its exceptional quality of life. Within easy traveling distance of Washington, D.C., to the east, Pittsburgh, Pa., to the north, and Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, to the northwest. Other recent rankings: One of “Best Sports Cities” by Sporting News; 5th “Best Small Metro” by Forbes; 12th overall “Hottest Small City by Inc.; and one of “50 Smartest Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s.
Required Application Materials
1) Letter of interest; 2) curriculum vita; and 3) three letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
July 2012 preferred
Send Applications To:
T.Anne Hawkins, Ph.D.
WELLWVU Carruth Center; P.O. Box 6422, 3rd Floor Student Services Bldg., West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV 26506
This listing expires on: