|Positions in Counseling Centers|
Counselor, Student Services Professional - Academic Related (SSP-AR-I), AY. Temporary, part -time position with the possibility of becoming full-time, depending on funding.
California Polytechnic State University
Range: $2,070-3,893 per month. Anticipated hiring range: $2,070-2,386 per month. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Position has the possibility of becoming full-time, depending on funding.
Counselor, Student Services Professional-Academic Related (SSP-AR-I), AY. Temporary, part-time position with the possibility of becoming full-time, depending on funding. Counseling Services, Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, beginning September 10, 2012.
Counseling Services is a highly collaborative, respectful, and creative environment with an emphasis on providing short-term individual, couples and group counseling, crisis intervention, prevention education and outreach services in a university counseling center. We have a strong doctoral internship program that places values on the training of new professionals.
Cal Poly is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and nominations of all qualified individuals. EEO.
· Licensed to practice in the State of California as a psychologist, LCSW or LMFT;
· Must successfully pass pre-employment fingerprinting and background check;
· Possess generalist skills and the ability to diagnose and provide brief treatment, crisis intervention, individual, couples, and group counseling;
· Ability to speak publically;
· Proactively and independently organize, develop and conduct educational programs on a variety of topics;
· Ability to represent Counseling Services to campus;
· Demonstrate multi-cultural competence;
· Demonstrate expertise in addressing the needs of students from diverse backgrounds;
· Good written language and conceptual skills;
· Good time management skills;
· Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team;
· Ability to actively contribute to a positive working environment by exhibiting solution-focused, positive, cooperative and flexible behavior.
Cal Poly is a nationally ranked, four-year, comprehensive public university located in San Luis Obispo, halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles on California’s Central Coast. It is a distinctive learning community offering academically focused students a hands-on educational experience that prepares them for today’s scientific and technical world.
Hiking, Biking, Beaches, Farmers Markets, Wine Tasting, Shopping, Relaxing…there is so much fun in SLO, you’ll understand why we are the happiest town in America. Visit the website at http://visitslo.com.
Required Application Materials
TO APPLY: Complete the required online faculty application at WWW.CALPOLYJOBS.ORG and submit to requisition #102565; attach cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts. Please see online posting for mailing three letters of recommendation supplied direct from sources.
Review Begin Date: June 4, 2012.
START DATE: September 10th, 2012.
Send Applications To:
See: Required Application Materials
This listing expires on: